2. What Personal Information About Customers Does Sketch Maven Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at SketchMaven.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our site, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses SketchMaven.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of SketchMaven.com on other Web sites.
- Email Communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from SketchMaven.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please adjust your Email Preferences (link to My Sketch Maven).
3. What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
4. Does SketchMaven.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Third Party Advertisers: we may share aggregated information with advertisers and potential advertisers for Sketch Maven.com. WE WILL NEVER SHARE INDIVIDUAL NAMES OR EMAIL ADDRESSES WITH THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
5. How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
6. What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
From time to time, our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
7. Are Children Allowed to Use SketchMaven.com?
Sketch Maven does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use SketchMaven.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
8. Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
9. Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, bid, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through SketchMaven.com; provide information in My Sketch Maven (and you might have more than one if you have registered with more than one email address); communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; and participate in Discussion Boards or other community features. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; and financial information, including bank account information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from third party carriers and page-view information containing information from third party resources or the Sketch Maven community.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at SketchMaven.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications email preferences); payment settings (including credit card information); email notification settings (including Alerts, Order notifications, Item notifications, and newsletters); and Seller Settings (including payment information and other preferences).
10. California Online Privacy Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
This policy was last modified on March 15, 2011
12. Contacting Us
Sketch Maven, Inc.
2784 Homestead Road#160
Santa Clara, CA 95051 USA